Sunday, January 27, 2008

Birthday Treats

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had a great day with lots of pressies and cards. From Craig and the kids I received a daylight lamp, very handy now that I'm in a different corner away from the window, especially in these dark and dreary days when the sun doesn't want to shine.
These Indigo Rose charts were from Angie on A Crafty Natter board's birthday exchange. She very cleverly looked at my wish list (note to self: delete these from wish list LOL). I can't wait to start them but they could be a while, got a whole heap of other stuff to do first.

Above and below are some of the things I got from the TS ladies birthday club. Every card I opened from the ladies contained a thread, or some charms or a little kit/chart. They're all lovely and I was thrilled to bits.



From my parents I received these three Patricia Cornwell books and some money. I already have some of the Kay Scarpetta series, but I am missing a few and these were on my C'mas list. I'll have to start reading them again but that's not a hardship...after Harry Potter is finished that is.
And from my sis Kathy, I received this gorgeous chart, also from my wish list. Kathy included a couple of treasures, some beads and threads too but they're behind the chart in the bag so you can't see them. They're great, thanks Kathy.

Once I was showered and dressed I tootled off to the Metro Centre to have a wander round the shops for an hour or so. Then I picked XDH Mick up and he took me for my lunch in the pub. He gave me a card and pressie (Jackie CD) and when I came home I took the poster out of the CD case and hung it on the sitting room door. It has Donny Osmond on one side and David Cassidy on the other. Donny is currently smiling at me, and I've told the kids that there will be severe consequences if there is ANY poster defacement. PMSL. Dene and Ian don't even know who these two guys are, but Dene wants to get a pen and black Donny's teeth, or give him some spectacles, a couple of scars, bolts in his neck, swastikas on his shirt collar, black fingernails...you know, the sort of stuff we did when we were younger to posters/pictures in magazines. I've told Dene he'll be evicted if he so much as goes within 5 feet of the poster with a pen.

Last night, Craig brought me home a lovely bouquet of flowers, and once I'd put them into a couple of vases, Craig took me out to TGI Fridays over by the Metro Centre. The food was nice but it wasn't very hot. We were home by 8.30pm, with a vodka and coke, my stitching and skating on the telly. All in all a great day.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

SO SORRY!!! I totally forgot about your birthday! I knew it was coming, it just came quicker than I was prepared for lol.
card and pressy will be in the post tomorrow morning xxx

Glad you had a good day and got lots of yummy presents :)

kathyann said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jacqui,my word you had some lovely pressies from everyone,sounds like you had a great time and you did make me laugh about the poster!,sorry I missed it yesterday!Looking forward to seeing all the finished projects!!!!love from Kathyann and the girls

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day and some lovely gifts too

I remember Donny and David, they used to adorn my bedroom walls LOL

Geordie_Princess said...

Glad you had a good day and thank god i dont have to look at that poster :D

Stitchingranny said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. Some lovely stash and love the chart from Kathy.

lena-lou said...

Belated Birthday wishes to you Jacqui I hope you have a great year ahead :-)

Lovely birthday stash you have here !!

Karan said...

Belated Happy Birthday Jacqui. Lovely birthday pressies - they should keep you going a while. :0)
Love the Peace finish too.

Von said...

I'm awfully late, but Happy Birthday, Jacqui!! Looks like you celebrated in grand style. :D