Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back in business

YAY! I hope. The new hub arrived yesterday and Craig fixed it up last night. Five minutes after it started working it stopped again, so after another phone call to BT, and an hour and a half later, it was up and running properly. More or less. Had to unplug it again at about 10pm last night to reset it and so far it's been fine. Touch wood.
I had a phone call from someone at the Thistle Hotel in Newcastle yesterday offering me an interview for a receptionist vacancy. So guess where I'll be next Thursday lunch time. I hope I can get parked somewhere near the hotel. It's right opposite the Central Station and is always busy down that end. Apparently the hotel has a car park but I'm not sure where, so back permitting, Craig and I are going to have a tootle into Newcastle tomorrow to scope it out.
AND I had a letter from the DSA (Driving Standards Association I think) about another application I made. They received my application and are reviewing it. Just a standard letter I suppose. No offer for an interview yet.
Today I'm up and about and I'm going to do some stitching I think. I started doing a hardanger mat the other night. I'm going to give it to Marilyn next month when I go to visit her in Spain. If I remember later I'll take a photo to show you my progress so far.

8 comments:

Abi said...

Hi Jacqi. Thanks for visitung my blog. I love your pinkeeps!

Karen said...

good luck on the interview I had to go back to work last month start date Christmas eve LOL super!!!!!!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Jacqi, thanks for visiting! I've book marked you for future visits.

I hope that you find a job that you like!

Please share progress of your hardanger mat though I don't like doing hardanger I really appreciate the work that goes into it!

Pinkess Lozza said...

Good Luck with the Job interview!!!

Stitchingranny said...

Will keep my fingers crossed for you Jacqui

Little Miss Flossy said...

Best of luck for the job interview and thanks for your nice comments on my blog!

Carol R said...

Good luck with the job interview.

I changed ISP at the end of December from BT to Talk Talk. Did you know Talk Talk has free broadband - check out their website. I went from paying £25.99 a month for broadband plus BT quarterly phone bills to just over £16 a month which includes free weekend and evening telephone calls to anywhere in the world! A few teething problems to start but its fine now.

Karan said...

Glad you got the BT problem sorted. Hope Kate is OK too.
Good Luck with the job interview. :0)