Sunday, March 25, 2007

Back from Kathy's


I had to come back early from Kathy's yesterday due to family health problems, and I was really sad to say goodbye to her and the boys. Hopefully I'll be able to go and visit again soon though.


While I was away I had one stitchy finish. The final part of Sweet Dreams came out from Polstitches Designs, which was basically wrapping the bars and sewing some beads on. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, maybe a small cushion, or maybe a needlecase. Either way, I still have the chart to make more, which I will be doing some time in the near future.
I also did some stitching on some of my other projects. I did a bit more on Miss Mary Mack and she is almost finished. Mary is anyway, still have all the writing and the border to do once she's finished. Then I did some work on L&L Celtic Autumn. And for the rest of the week I stitched on Dimensions' The Earth Is Our Home... and got quite a lot of that done. I haven't taken any photos of these yet, but I will do, hopefully later on today. Kathy decided while I was there that she didn't like the Celtic Winter lady that she was in the process of stitching as it didn't fit in with the colour scheme she has chosen, so she gave it to me. I will probably wait till I'm finished Autumn before I go on to Winter though. But then again...
I'm going to be model stitching soon and I can't wait. Jayne was after model stitchers so I'm going to be doing the Passione Ricamo fairy that I started for her when Kathy came up here to visit last month. Kathy herself is doing a Jan Houtman design called Bud of Life for Jayne. I'm also going to be stitching for Jo at Polstitches, but these will be her own designs so I'm not allowed to talk about those till they're finished. I can't wait to start.
Now I'm waiting for the next part of Jayne's Hardanger SAL to come out so that I can get some more of that done. All the ones I've seen so far look brilliant and I can't wait for it to be finished in the next couple of weeks.

6 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

It looks fantastic! Those colors really make me think of spring:)

Stitchingranny said...

Sorry your visit was cut short Jacqui and hope everything is fine now. Look forward to seeing the pictures of your other works. The Polstitch one is lovely.

Julie said...

hope you family are doing OK now Jacqui

model stitching for Jo, can't wait to see that one, a secret project LOL

Karen said...

your Sweet Dreams sal is stunning , I hope your family are feeling better

Sally said...

I hope everything is OK with your family now Jacqui. Sorry you had to cut short your visit.

Sweet Dreams is beautiful.

Gina said...

Sweet Dreams is lovely! Hope your family are OK