Friday, February 09, 2007

Two more finishes


Yesterday I finished this little design by Ozark Sampler called Fantasy Garden. It's stitched on Dragon Fabric Party Time with Kate's Kloths stranded cotton - Sea Breeze. I couldn't decide what to put in the middle then found this little cotton reel charm. As both of these finishes are probably going to be made up into needle cases I thought it would be appropriate. Not sure WHEN exactly they'll be finished off though.


The second design is called Buttons & Lace from The Calico Cat. Again it's stitched on Party Time, this time with Kate's Kloths stranded cotton called Blueberry. The buttons on the chart are round and all the same colour, but I quite liked these heart buttons, and I tried to match them to the thread colours.
Craig and I have been out and about today in the freezing cold. Of course I let him drive. Just as well cos it kept lashing it down with sleet, rain and snow. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to go to Hobbycraft or Dainty Supplies in Washington, but I was just at HC at the weekend and it's ages since I've been to Dainty so we went there. I bought some stuff for Christmas advent pressies, some Mill Hill beads (only £1.32 a pack), some cording and some beads on a roll, for finishing things off. I was gonna buy some ready made tassles too, but thought they looked a bit grotty so I'm going to have a go at making some myself. That'll be interesting.
It's hoying it down outside. Dene just came back from walking the dog and she is soaking wet, and muddy as anything...as is my nightie now after she jumped up at me. Rotten dog.


9 comments:

Karen said...

lovely finishes they will make great needlecases

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Jacqui. You really are on a roll.

It's chucking it down here too and it's freezing!

Lynn said...

two lovely designs. They'll make lovely needle cases. I love the little charm. I've got a flower lined up for when I do that design. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what cute finishes.

Unknown said...

Beautiful finishes Jacqui.

Anonymous said...

Well done on your finishes!

Tassels are great fun to make - you just have to perservere with them!

Julie said...

great designs for needlecases Jacqui, i like them

Julie said...

great designs for needlecases Jacqui, i like them

NHStitcher said...

I LOVE that Ozark Sampler project. Is that one of the monthly club kits? Looks like I am missing out on some great projects there. I may just have to join! Thanks for the enabling.