Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mandala Update



After working on this most of today, I've managed to get all of the inside finished, which includes all the speciality stitches and beads. Now I have the flower heads to do and the outside borders, which will hopefully be finished next weekend.

It's been a horrible day here. The rain has never stopped and I've had to have the lamp on all day to stitch as it doesn't seem to have got any lighter AT ALL at any point. Dull, wet, windy and generally miserable. But at least it wasn't snowing.

My cousin Michelle came over today with her 7 year old son Jordan, who I haven't seen for a while. He seems to be getting taller and he sounds really funny calling me Jacqueline. Him and Michelle have just left their old house and moved somewhere else, don't know where and I didn't ask. Her husband Trevor was my driving instructor, but they haven't been getting on and she's finally left him. Craig took them to see this bloke he knows who has some kittens, and she came away with one that is about 16 weeks old. Molly wasn't impressed when they brought the carrier into the house. The kitten was hissing at her, and she was growling at it. It was so funny.

10 comments:

Nicola said...

Jacqui that mandala is gorgeous! It's a good job that I'm on the stash wagon or I'd be tempted to buy that for myself. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Karen said...

your Mandala is wonderful I love the colours

Jenny said...

Nice beginning on that Mandala - it looks great. :)

NHStitcher said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors and the design, GREAT job.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

We have rain here it is soooo dark!

Annemarie said...

I LOVE this mandala. It reminds me a bit of the freebie Chatelaine mandalas that are out there. Oh no! Startitis is rearing its ugly head!

Sue said...

Wow Jacqui, I bet your fingers are sore now with all the stitching that you have been doing. well done


Hugs

sue

Stitchingranny said...

Wow Jacqui, I dont know about smoking needles bet they have been in flames while Ive been away you have stitched so much.

There are some lovely things done there.

Julie said...

Mandala is looking stunning Jacqui, i keep seeing these, maybe i should take the plunge and try one !!!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty. You must be pleased.