Monday, April 14, 2008

Love my brother

Last night we went to my brother's for tea. He had an ulterior motive, he wanted Craig to fix his PC. However, while we were there he said he had a bag of material for me, old curtains and such that I might be able to use for my patchwork etc. From what he could see it's all stuff that came from our Gran and there were a couple of table runners. The photo above is one end of one of them (they're both embroidered with the same design) and I just love it. I just need something to incorporate it into now.

This morning I taught myself (again) how to crochet. I used to be able to do this years ago, just squares like the one above but I'd forgotten how to start it off. So, using the wonders of the internet I found a site that teaches you how to do it and this is the result. It's actually a very pretty lemony colour (#12 that I bought in Spain in February), it looks a bit washed out on here. I'm going to try and incorporate some crocheted squares into my patchwork. Needs thinking out some more first though.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I love the table runner. How lucky to have family pieces like that! :)

Christina said...

Your Grandmothers embrodiery is beautiful. My Mother did beautiful embrodiery. Great job on your crocheting!