Monday, February 09, 2009

Busy Weekend

Hi folks!

No photos I'm afraid for today's post, unless you go to www.smokingneedles.co.uk and have a look at all the new thread sacks that I made over the weekend. There are also some new needlecases on there.
So yes, you guessed right, I was busy making thread sacks at the weekend. Last night I also started a patchwork project that I'm doing for an exchange on A Crafty Natter. I'm doing the log cabin design, but I have no idea what I'm going to be making the blocks up into yet, I'm just making it up as I go along. LOL.
We no longer have Ainsley living with us. There's been lots of problems with her since C'mas, and last weekend, after two nights of not coming home from school, she decided she didn't want to live here anymore. I'm not going to bore you with all the police and social worker visits, but when she was brought back on Sunday morning, as soon as she had the chance she was off again. The police brought her back later on that day, but she refused to come in the house. She is now staying with a friend of hers from school, in the same street as Kate, but we haven't seen her since everything kicked off. Of course, she's going round telling everyone that we kicked her out, but that is so untrue. If we'd kicked her out we wouldn't have phoned the police three days on the trot because we didn't know where she was. She's a silly bitch...subject closed.
Craig and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary this weekend, on Valentine's Day. We're going away on Thursday - till Monday - to Chester, which is where we went on our honeymoon. This is my third marriage and I've never actually made it to seven years before so this will be something of a special occasion. The B&B Craig has booked is about 20 miles out of Chester itself, whereas on our honeymoon we were right on the side of the river in the centre of Chester. We had a huge four-poster bed in the old Records Office, and although we were only there for a couple of days we had a great time. I'm hoping the weather is going to be nice for us this time round. Craig hasn't made any specific plans for our stay this time, it's going to depend a lot on whether it's snowing - I hate going out in snow and/or ice. No doubt we'll be out for dinner on Saturday...somewhere special.
Keely was weighed today. She's now 14lbs 1oz, put on 7ozs this time, instead of just a couple. I think they were pleased with her at the clinic. Kate says she was smiling and laughing at everyone there. She's such a happy baby and always wakes up from her naps with a huge grin on her face. LOL.
After our weekend in Chester I'll be really looking forward to a weekend in Nuneaton for a stitchy get-together. Kathy and I are going to be sharing a hotel room, and Keely too seeing as I'm taking her with me. Should be a good weekend, and I can't wait to see Kathy, some old faces and also some new faces, people I chat to on the message boards but who I've never met yet.

No comments: