Sunday, June 17, 2007

Irene Coulthard Workshop



Today at Jayne's Attic I attended a workshop, with Irene Coulthard as the designer. She does hand embroidered Calico Gardens, and the samples she had with her were astounding. Here's what I did there today.





I've done a bit more since this was taken. It's supposed to be a rockery with leaves, french knots, lazy daisy stitches and rocks. We're back again tomorrow to do some more to it and I'll post another photo then. I had a really great day, learning lots of new techniques, and I bought Irene's book so I can practice some more and come up with something better.
Over the last few days I've been making some more fobs - suitable for scissors - and some thread collector sacks. Click on the link to Smokin' 2 to see.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh WOW WOW WOW sis that is just absolutely stunning.

Can't wait to see more of this.

Hugs xxxxx

Stitcher said...

Looks like a great workshop, look forward to seeing more of this.

Stitchingranny said...

Its beautiful Jacqui though I dont think I would enjoy stitching that sort of thing I love to see it.

Anyway didnt think you could afford the workshop lol. naughty girl.

Karen said...

That looks interesting , I wouldnt be any good at it as the thought of French knots leaves me quaking in my slippers, I look forward to seeing your next photo

Lynn said...

that is absolutely beautiful Jacqui, well done !

Alli said...

Looks amazing Jacqui! Can't wait to see more piccies!

Cheers,
Alli

Anonymous said...

Wow

So jealous, would have loved to come along to this workshop... can't wait to see how you got on today

Sally said...

Wow, Jacqui, that is beautiful

Julie said...

stunning Jacqui

Katrina said...

It is so pretty! I love it.