Friday, December 08, 2006

Ruddy Dog!

A couple of weeks ago our dog Mollie took a liking to one of my trainers, and started chewing it. That's fine, I can cope with that, I've had them a while and they were getting a bit the worse for wear. But they were lived in and comfortable. I could do with a new pair anyway. Mollie got a good bollocking and was in a mega huff for the rest of the day.

However, on Wednesday night, I wore the only other pair of decent shoes I own for the Stitch and Stashers C'mas Party. Silly me left them downstairs when I went to bed later that night and when I got up in the morning Mollie had decided she liked those too. So they are now unwearable. I can get away with the trainers, cos my trousers hide the worst parts, but no way can I wear these again. Another bollocking and another huff.


So that left me with a pair of slippers and a pair of flip-flop sandal type things only suitable for wearing in the summer, not snow, rain and cold! BRRRRR!


Today we went out to the opticians and then to one of the local shoe shops that has a sale on. Craig has bought me a new pair of boots and as they had a special offer on slippers - buy one pair get another pair for half price - we got Ian's and a new pair for me. Turns out it was just as well we got a pair for me, because when we got home the ruddy dog had chewed my other ones. Another telling off and a whack with said slipper and another huff. What the hell can we do to stop her chewing...short of pulling her teeth out?

No comments: