Saturday, April 29, 2006

So much for trying to keep up to date!

Yes yes I know, I said I was going to try and keep updated, but life has a nasty habit of creeping up on me unawares.

I have hardly done any stitching over the past couple of weeks, I just can't be bothered at the minute. I should really do some though as I have a couple of round robins to get finished and posted off. And one to start too! YIKES! I also have a HAED on the go and a photo chart for my friend Sue in Kent. Not to mention the Ozark SAL and a hardanger SAL too. Must try to catch up with everything.

It won't be next week though as we're off to Ayr for a few days with Mam and Dad. We're staying half board on a Haven caravan site, one of the Sun Specials from the newspaper. We've been on a couple of these before and they're usually quite good. I've never been to the west coast of Scotland before. Mam and Dad haven't been to Scotland since their honeymoon in Edinburgh eons ago.

At long last Dene has got a job. It's just an apprenticeship through the Chamber of Commerce, as a Business Administration Trainee, and the wages aren't all that good to start off with, but anything is better than being on the dole and at least he'll be getting some work experience and a bit more money than he gets now. The company where he'll be starting a week on Monday is on the next trading estate to where Kate works, so nice and handy for dropping them both off and picking them up when they finish.

I had my hair trimmed today. I'm trying to grow it and it was getting on my wick, so I toddled off to the hairdressers where she put it into some sort of style for me - it's my dragged through a hedge backwards look - and generally sorted it out. I then had to invest in a hair dryer and some mousse and hair spray, though I don't hold out much hope in being able to recreate what the expert did. I've also bought a hair dye to try and cover some of the grey. Just got to try and convince Kate she really really wants to do it for me.

Craig won some vouchers from Jet garages, £250 worth to spend in B&Q, Comet and Woolworths, so we've been to use some of them up today. Got the new hairdryer from Comet, then we went to B&Q where we spent another £125 worth on stuff - you know, man stuff - and the rest will probably get used on paint when we come back from holiday.

No comments: