Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday

It's almost 8.30am and I'm the only one up in our house. The meat is in the oven and in about an hour I will wake the kids up as they are preparing lunch for us today. Mam and Dad are coming over and my brother Kevin will be here in time for tea, after he's finished work.

I tend not to bother much with Easter these days, although when the kids were little I always bought them some new clothes and chocolate (eggs are a huge waste of money!) but now that they're older I don't. Mam and Dad still usually buy them an egg each.
When I first got up this morning at 7.30am, the sun was shining, but it's gone a bit dull now and it looks more like it could rain - typical English spring weather. It's quite a bit cooler now too and I may have to shut the sitting room window again. Don't think I'll be hanging the washing out to dry today either. Bummer!

No comments: