Friday, November 06, 2009

KNOW THE SYMPTOMS

Taken from the Sentenella #62 Axarquia Edition

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D - Age Activated Attention Deficit disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.
As I walk towards the garage, I notice post on the porch table that I brought up from the postbox earlier...
I decide to go through the post before I wash the car.
I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk post in the bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the rubbish first.
But then I think, since I'm going to be near the postbox when I take out the rubbish anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.
I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking. I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The Coke is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
As I head towards the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye - they need water. I put the Coke on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been seartching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.
I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.
I pour some water into the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then, I head down the hall, trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day:
*the car isn't washed
*the bills aren't paid
*there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter
*the flowers don't have enough water
*there is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book
*I can't find the remote
*I can't find my glasses
*and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day and I'm really tired.
I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll just check my e-mail.....

No comments: