Saturday, May 30, 2009

High School Reunion

Last night I dragged Craig along to my High School reunion, which was at the Three Mile pub in Gosforth. There weren't that many of us there, just five from my year group (Susan Hunter, Michelle Spence, Michelle McFadden, Deborah Marcus and me) and one from a couple of years above us - Barbara (I can't remember what Susan said her surname used to be). The pub was heaving, mostly all teeny-boppers wearing VERY wide belts masquerading as skirts, and it was very noisy. To be honest, it was too noisy as we couldn't hear what we were saying to each other. Craig and I left just after half nine, and after we left someone else turned up, Natalie Bowron.
It was a good night, and it was great to catch up with people I haven't seen in years, not since we left school in 1982. I'd seen Susan, she was my chief bridesmaid at my first wedding in 1984, and she came to the hospital to see me when Dene was born, although I can't actually remember that. Mam has a photo of her there, so she must have been. I've seen her once or twice since then, and we swap Christmas cards each year. She hasn't changed much.
Today I'm taking Mam down into Blyth as she's going to buy some new cothes. She's lost some weight and her old clothes are too big for her now.
It's lovely and quiet here this weekend. Kate and Keely went down to Hull on Thursday to go and stay with Kate's Dad. They come back on Tuesday
On Thursday I went to a new stitching group in Ashington. It's held in a church hall. A friend of mine called Wendy told me all about it as she goes, so I went with her and another new friend that I chat to on Facebook called Vickie. There weren't many of us there, only 9, but it was a good couple of hours and it made a change from sitting in the house.
Yesterday I met up with Wendy again in the Keel Row (shopping centre in Blyth) and we went for our lunch at the Ridge Farm pub in Bedlington before I drove Wendy home. We sat out in her back garden for an hour in the glorious sunshine. Definitely going to do that more often. LOL.
It's another lovely sunny day today, so when I get back from Blyth I'm going to sit up here with the window wide open and try and get on with some stitching. I haven't done much lately and it's about time I did.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: