Thursday, August 24, 2006

Road Trip Part 1

I've got loads to catch up on so thought I'd better make a start.


On Tuesday 1st August I started my trip to Tonbridge in Kent to visit Sue. After giving a lorry driver some directions 5 mins down the road I was on my way. I had a couple of stops on the journey and thought I would be stuck on the M25 for a while, but the traffic was flowing quite steadily there so I'd obviously missed rush hour. The sat-nav did its job admirably and got me to Sue's at about 2.30pm. Not bad going. Actually it could have been earlier.

Sue helped me empty the car and then we sat and relaxed all afternoon. She had a good rummage through my stash crates and picked what she wanted from the free-for-all crate. She even left some stuff for Kathy and Lynn! LOL.

Sue and Chris haven't lived in their new house for very long, but they've got it really comfortable already and the spare bedroom, where I was sleeping, was great with lots of room and a new bed. The weather was fairly hot all week while I was there so we got out and about a few times.

On one day we went to Blue Water shopping mall. We'd had to wait in for someone to come and fix the lock on the front door so it was fairly late by the time we got there. Sue needed to buy an outfit for a wedding later in the week, so we spent an hour in Evans while she tried lots of stuff on. She eventually settled on a lovely cream skirt and a matching top, plus a few other things that made their way to the cash desk.

Another morning was spent in a closed down craft shop in Sevenoaks, where Sue had been donated leftover stock for her special needs class. We managed to fill the boot before calling it a day. Of course there was the obligatory trip to Hobbycraft where the staff know nothing and everything is overpriced, but I still managed to spend a little bit of money. As you do! And we also visited a garden centre but I can't remember the name of it. There was a small craft shop there, that was full to the rafters with stuff, but you could hardly get moved in there. Didn't spend much in there, if anything.

On the Friday of that week, Chris and Sue went to a wedding so I was home alone with my stitching. I'd been working on my Saturday project for most of the week so I did as much of that as I could. I had to order some thread, beads and charms to finish it off properly, and managed to do that once I got home again. As the weather was nice that day, I did my dirty washing, got it dried outside and did some reading. Later on I watched some TV then had an early night. Sue and Chris returned early morning. The following day Sue went to the hospital as she had been stung by a wasp under her eye during the wedding and she reacted badly to it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like week one was a blast Jacqui.